Starting Tuesday, November 1, I am going to full-out celebrate Thanksgiving.
It is a well-known fact that Thanksgiving, stuffed between Halloween, fall decor, and the elbow-shoving mega-holiday of Christmas, gets the undeserved shaft.
Yes, we all celebrate it. Most would even admit to loving it, myself included! This year, I will celebrate Thanksgiving by posting something I am thankful for every day, from November 1 until November 24!
If you have a blog, facebook status, or twitter, would you consider participating too?
Here are some guidelines:
- We have been blessed materially in this country, but don’t only be thankful for material things. For example, don’t just be thankful for your mega flatscreen TV, be thankful for the Rangers world series watching party you got to host with several close friends!
- Be thankful for your family. But be specific! Don’t just be thankful for your sister. Be thankful that no matter how many times you forget to send her a birthday card until 4 days later, she still calls you at midnight on yours.
- I will be posting every day, but that might overwhelm you. Choose to post weekly, twice a week, or whatever will set you up for success!
- Be creative and outside-the-box.
- Just because we’re celebrating Thanksgiving big-time this year, it does not negate listening to Christmas music too. Maybe that is what you are thankful for the most!
Five more days to ponder… Spread the word! I can’t wait!